Sunday 21 April 2013

Book Review: Life Before Legend by Marie Lu (Legend 0.5)

So this came out last year (and I didn't know gah) and of course I'm a huge fan of the Legend series so I finished this last night.

Title: Life Before Legend
Author: Marie Lu




Synopsis: 

Before Day and June became the centre of action in Legend, they were two extraordinary twelve-year-olds. Follow Day as he starts off his life of street crime in the Lake sector and June as she starts her first day at Drake University. 



Review:

Well this is one of those things you never knew you wanted. But this is perfect. I mean, we get to see Day's first kiss (which, I might add, was briefly mentioned in Prodigy, book 2) and the way he already shows rebelliousness and the way he goes out of his way to help people. Early version of Legend's Day! June is hilarious in this one, sassing the upperclassmen and the dean secretary (We saw her in Legend) But aside from that, we also get a peek into the pressure that June is under, being the prodigy of the Republic. And we finally know the exactly age gap between June and Metias (Metias. I cried. I want him back.) And June and Day's contrasting lives actually parallel each other slightly and this excites me so much. And Metias' advice to June just clues in to Legend and it's just incredibly exciting for a huge fan like me.

Grade: A++ *squeal*

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want my opinion on anything, or want to share your opinion on anything I've said, comment below!